95 Years of Barshaw Pond

The Pond in Barshaw Park was formally opened on 4th October 1924. We dearly wished to celebrate this momentous date with a sailing event but owing to the weeded-up state of the pond this was not possible.

In 1924 the Club was grateful to William Bow and to Paisley Town Council for providing this long awaited and much appreciated facility for sailing and racing model yachts.

95 years on we appreciate the facility even more but are frustrated that its poor state of maintenance severely restricts our ability to use it as it was intended – for sailing and racing model yachts.